Profile of the Graduate
Graduates of St. Joseph Regional Catholic School will have:
- The rigorous academic preparation essential to success at the high school of their choice as well as in higher education.
- A sense of wonder and curiosity instilling within them an eagerness to learn and an appreciation for the pursuit of truth and knowledge as a life-long endeavor.
- A passion for excellence encouraged by the high expectations of faculty and staff
- Critical thinking skills that allow them to identify, analyze, evaluate, and solve problems creatively.
- The ability to utilize technology as an effective tool in creative projects and information processing.
- The ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information demonstrating a mastery of how to think, not just what to think.
- Poise and confidence in communicating orally and the grammatical skills to communicate effectively in writing.
- A strong moral compass to guide them through a secular society often characterized by moral relativism.
- A strong sense of self-worth and compassion for others which facilitates effective personal relationships, cooperation, and teamwork.
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently with a work ethic reflecting the perseverance necessary for success.
- The motivation to spread God’s love by serving others especially those less fortunate.
- The ability to empathize with those who have different economic, racial, and social backgrounds.
- A sense of a higher purpose in life attained through a strong belief in God.
- The spiritual maturity to actively participate in their faith communities.
- A broad knowledge of the Church’s teaching instilling the ability to evaluate moral choices and issues based on Christian principles.
- An appropriate respect for other religious beliefs.
- An ability to articulate their own faith and beliefs.
- The ability to make positive life choices reflecting self-control and self-respect.
- Respect for their physical bodies that will encourage a commitment to healthful living.
- An appreciation for the values of modesty, discipline, perseverance, and courage.